40 Beautiful Door Hanger Ideas For Every Season, Style, and Holiday
We certainly love front door wreaths, but we’re equally captivated with these front door hanger ideas! In our Mega Guide to front door hanger ideas, you’ll see everything from Nautical to Seasonal to Monogrammed door hangers.
If you’ve ever wondered “What can I hang on my front door besides a wreath?” you’ve landed on the right page. As always, we hope you’re reading along with us, but if you want to skip ahead to a section, just use the handy dandy Table of Contents below.
Personalized Door Hanger Ideas
Monogrammed and personalized front door hanger ideas bring out some of the best handmade, custom options from crafts people across the country. We present five of the best options. Pay attention to some of the details, which differ slightly in terms of order time, products materials and so forth.
Our five favorite personalized door hanger ideas in price range order from least expensive to most expensive, which is around $60 at the high end. These are incredible prices for handmade in the USA products.
You can also find excellent quality front door mats to personalize with your monogrammed initial. A monogrammed front door mat comes in a variety of designs to fit house styles from modern to Gothic. You can also find a doormat to fit the size and type of your front door.
16-36 inch Wooden Circle with Last Name and Monogram Initial. Custom made by Jen and Keith.
- 1/2″ thick 9 Ply Birch directly from Russia.
- Unpainted items come sanded and ready for paint.
- Painted items are applied with two premium coats of paint to ensure a high quality smooth finish with sanding between coats.
- Quick turn around.
Laser cut family name sign. Handmade by Kellie at Obsidian Home Creations in Kansas.
- 3 size options: 12, 15, or 20 inches
- Sign is made from 1/4″ thick premium baltic birch plywood.
- Natural birch color, painted white, or painted black. The unpainted birch comes sanded and ready for paint if you decide to add your own color.
- Color options are for the front of the sign only. Our production method prevents the sides and backs to be painted.
Metal monogram sign with your family name and date of establishment. Custom metal decor by Jason in Maryland.
- This sign is made out of 16 gauge steel, then powder coated in the color of your choice.
- Metal signs work great in and outdoors and can also be used with magnets!
- We welcome custom orders.
- Some imperfections from the cutting and cleaning process may be found in metal. All sales for personalized items are final.
“Welcome to the” personalized distressed wood sign. Created by Wooden Hearts, a family business since 1990 in Cold Springs, Minnesota.
- Read wood so each sign will vary with the distressing, wood grain, wood knots, etc.
- 16″ diameter; 1/2″ thick with 1/4″ thick 3D lettering; 2 1/2″ total depth with bow.
- Variety of paint or stain colors. Only the front is stained/painted. If you need the back finished as well, please contact us.
- Variety of ribbon colors.
- Has 2 coats of lacquer making it indoor and outdoor ready!
Metal Sign (aluminum composite material) for Monogram Initial, Last Name, and Established Year. Created by a husband and wife team in Georgia.
- Will never rust or fade – Weatherproof in all climates
- Our initials are thicker and will show up better than competitors
- Quick shipping – see our shop for variety of sizes
- Don’t see what you are looking for – message us!
Mason Jar Door Hanger Ideas
Few things say Rustic Farmhouse Style like a Mason jar. We’ve rounded up a couple of the best picks:
- Monogram Mason Jar Door Hanger that comes custom-made with your initial and choice of colors. It comes with or without a bow. The door hanger is ¼” thick and made of natural birch wood. Height: 20 inches. Width: Nearly 12 inches.
- Patriotic Mason Jar Door Hanger measuring 23 inches from the top of the handle. The jar itself is 17 inches long by 13 inches wide. It’s made with fade resistant materials. Linda, who purchased it, says: “I have this on my front door. I love it. Adorable. Made very well, good size. Great for Memorial day and Fourth of July. 5 stars all the way.”
Fun Mason jar facts
- In the early 1900s, there were literally hundreds of brands of canning jars.
- John Landis Mason invented the airtight jar in 1858. Let’s just say up to that point and a ways after, eating canned food wasn’t all that safe. People just didn’t know what they were doing … yet.
- The Ball Corporation licensed the design and began manufacturing the glass jars in 1884.
- By the 1900s, the patent had expired and others could jump on the Mason jar bandwagon.
- Learn how to date a Mason jar
Door Hanger Ideas for Dog and Cat Lovers
From funny to cute to Farmhouse simplicity, door hanger ideas for those of us who love our pets are easy to find. But we’ve simplified the search by listing only the most well-reviewed choices.
Hope You Like Dog/Cat Hair – take you pick of dog or cat. The folks behind Wooden Hearts, a 21-year-old family business in Minnesota, understand Farmhouse style. You have 7 choices for sign colors and 12 choices for ribbons.
Edison Woods’ handcrafted signs are made in the USA. We think they have some really funny signs, including this No Soliciting sign which warns visitors not upset the protective dog by knocking or ringing the doorbell.
Front Door Metal Monogram Sign with Paw Print can be made from metal or wood by Z Create Design in Florida. The metal is available unfinished or in weatherproof black. The wood is a beautiful natural maple wood.
Spring Door Hanger Ideas
Farmhouse style front door hangers
Farmhouse design style practically begs for front door decor, and it’s a design style that can tolerate a wide range of tastes. Our Spring Door Hanger Ideas tried to accommodate a range of style preferences.
We do eliminate a lot of otherwise beautiful choices simply because the quality isn’t consistent.
Any of these choices can work well with Farmhouse decor, but these first two are what you might call quintessentially Farmhouse.
First up is the Succulents Watering Can Door Hanger from Plow & Hearth that would also fit well with Cottage and Craftsman style front doors. Basically, it’s a versatile design.
A “Welcome” faux galvanized metal watering can overflows with succulents.
- Made of durable, weather-, fade- and fray resistant polyester burlap.
- Hangs from a coordinating grosgrain ribbon that is designed not to twist.
- Suitable for indoors or outdoors.
- Size: 13½”W x 20″H
Next is the Yellow and Sage “Hello Spring” Round Door Sign – the classic round signs that we often see on Farmhouse and Colonial Revival doors.
The “Hello Spring” large wooden sign reminds us of the softness of nature as it awakens in springtime.
- Features raised wooden letters and cutouts as well as a polka dot bow and greenery.
- Easily fits between the storm door and entry door.
- Size: 18” diameter.
Blooming front door hangers
You will notice throughout this story that we feature keepsake door hanging signs inspired by the famous G.DeBrekht Artistic Studio known for its traditional European folk art pieces.
Each handcrafted piece is made from ¼” thick Baltic plywood that is treated for UV and weather resistance. As these are each made to order, slight variations in decoration can be expected.
If you prefer wreaths for your front door, we have curated selections covering all seasons, holidays, styles, sizes, and colors!
- 20 Lovely Floral Wreaths for Front Door to Embrace Every Season
- 32 of the Best Large Front Door Wreaths
- The Top 28 Yellow Wreaths (By Season)
- Show your heart with a Valentine’s Day wreath
- The ultimate guide to a contemporary front door wreath
Swans a-swimming front door signs
We found two spring door hanger ideas for people who love graceful swans. These two large door signs are a tribute to the beauty of swans. I’ve loved swans ever since I read The Ugly Duckling as a child.
You will find both of our swan selections as part of the collections based on the G.DeBrekht Artistic Studio, which is discussed above.
Easter Front Door Hanger Ideas
We’re so excited to share one of our Top Picks for door hanger ideas. These huge Easter door signs are inspired by the famous G. DeBrekht Artistic Studios collections. Further down in the story, you’ll also see DeBrekht door hanger ideas for Christmas.
Each handcrafted sign is made from Baltic plywood, which makes it sturdy but a hangable weight. They are specifically treated for outdoor use but can also be used indoors.
Sizes vary, of course, depending on the design, but these are what I would call extra large door decor. The manufacturer reminds us to expect some slight variations in design because they are handcrafted.
- Easter Bunny Holding Chick and Easter Egg
- Easter Bunny Hugs
- The Easter Egg-Painting Bunny
- Flying Easter Angel
Cross Door Hanger Ideas
One of our favorite cross door hanger ideas is custom-made by a stay-at-home mom in South Carolina. The monogrammed cross door hanger can be painted in a color of your choice. No returns, though, because this is a custom order.
What we like about this cross (other than the excellent craftsmanship) is that it could be left up for the spring season. It’s not just Easter decor. The cross door hanger is ¼” thick natural birch wood that is 22” tall and 16.5” in width.
We also found two highly rated cross door hangers that are more appropriate as Easter front door decor.
The “He is Risen” cross door hanger is made of PVC (a high-quality polymer) that is naturally corrosive and weather resistant. It hangs by a jute rope. The door hanger is nearly 12 inches in height and about 10 inches wide.
If you prefer the round door hangers, we found a handmade “He is Risen” wooden sign approximately 12 inches in diameter.
Christmas door hanger ideas
We’re back more keepsake door hanger ideas from the G. DeBrekht Artistic Studios with selections from the Holiday Masterpiece collection.
As a review, all of these large door hanging signs include features such as:
- Baltic plywood (¼” thickness); sturdy but lightweight enough for hanging.
- Weather-resistant product – UV protective coat for outdoor use.
- Hardware for hanging attached.
- Handcrafted in the USA.
- Some decorations on items may be slightly varied due to the handcrafted nature of the product.
Whether you lean toward cute or pretty, we think you can find something in this gorgeous collection of front door art based on European folk art. Size of pieces are approximately 24”H by 18”W.
- Sled Dog Race To Christmas on Houzz
- A Nutcracker Mouse on Houzz
- Nativity Door Hanger on Houzz
- Frosty the Snowman on Amazon
- Penguin and Snowman with Lighthouse on Amazon
- Christmas Angel with Nativity on Amazon
Fall Door Hanger Ideas
The fall and Halloween collection inspired by G. DeBrekht Artistic Studios is filled with fun possibilities. These door signs are made of Baltic plywood and are treated for sun and weather resistance. They are also handcrafted in the USA.
Click on a cutie below to find out how to order via Amazon.
Nautical or Beach Theme Door Hanger Ideas
We’ve come to my favorite door decor category. Nautical themed door hanger ideas cover it all from spring and summer to holidays. Even if you live in a landlocked state, you can enjoy the ocean vibes with coastal decor.
I lived a good deal of my life in the Midwest, and I never let that stop me from Beaching-Up my front door! But I lived around a lot of lakes in Oklahoma. That counts, right!
It’s “anchor’s away” with Georgians Paige and Ken at PK Decor.
“We are a husband/wife team that work together daily to offer custom wood and metal decor for your home,” says Paige. “I couldn’t do this without my husband, Ken, as he does all of the cutting when he’s home from his full-time job. I love painting and teaching others. We offer our custom decor shipped out quickly and at great prices!”
- Metal that will never rust or fade. Weatherproof in all climates.
- Size: 24” x 24” x 2”
- Quick shipping and variety of sizes.
- Don’t see what you are looking for? Message them.
- After the sign is cut, no returns, refunds, or cancellations.
Tracey at Adore Your Door in South Carolina designed this classy Anchor Door Hanger Welcome Sign, which comes in your choice of color. “I’m a stay-at-home mom with a passion for crafts!” says Tracey.
“I love custom orders! Many of my listings have “Custom Orders Accepted” in the descriptions already, but feel free to send me a message with your ideas for variations on any of the products in my shop.”
When it comes to Lake House front door hanger ideas, Sarah at the Painted Pug in Illinois created our favorite. Everything she makes is handmade and individually packaged. She says she can customize or personalize most of her items – you just need to ask her about it.
“I learned to sew, stencil and craft in 4-H as a child,” she says. “I love to design unique items with computer graphics and photography. I love capturing beautiful scenery. When I am not working, I spend time with my two dogs, Amber (the painted pug) and Delilah (yellow dog), and my hubby. I enjoy gardening, biking, hiking, and creating.”
Funny Front Door Hanger Ideas
Funny door hanger ideas along with personalized doormats give our front doors a chance to be fun. You wouldn’t need to keep the funny decor items up for a whole season, but they provide some comic relief in the short term!
In another article, we loaded up on all the best picks for funny front door mats. Funny doormats inform guests that humor is valued in our households. We like to laugh, so why not announce it!
Click a link or image below to find out price and size:
- Welcome-ISH. Depends on who you are and how long you stay. Made in the USA
- Welcome. Hope you brought beer.
- Smile, you’re on camera. No soliciting!
- Please do not knock or ring the bell. It upsets the dog … which upsets the baby … which upsets the mom.
- Please remove your shoes and don’t take a better pair when you leave.
- No Soliciting. We love Jesus. Our kids spend all our money. We don’t talk to strangers. We know who we are voting for. Happy Trails!
Funny Sayings for Front Door Signs
For those of you who want to DIY your front door decor, here are additional funny sayings to get you started.
- Remember, as far as anyone knows, we are a nice, normal family.
- Ring doorbell and run! Dog needs exercise.
- Just so you know, there’s like, a lot of kids in here.
- Doorbell broken … yell Ding Dong really loud!
- Lake Life ‘cause beaches be salty!
- Be nice or leave.
- The neighbors have better stuff!
- Oh no! Not you again!
- Shut the front door!
- Shut the front door. No really. Shut it. You’re letting bugs in!
- Wine required for entry.
- No soliciting! Seriously! Walk away. Don’t make it weird
As we explored the possibilities on what we can put on our front doors other than wreaths, we found some amazing artisans across the country who have created some beautiful door hanger ideas.
What do you have on your front door? Let us know in the comments below.